• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe opens random .tmp files

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So whenever I open any PDF document, Adobe Acrobat just opens a new window with random name on it and .tmp file extension. 

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/qbcr73

This is happening with every file I open, if I leave one open in Acrobat and open a second file, a second .tmp window will not open, only one. If I try opening a PDF file while holding down the "Shift" button (Which I believe disables all plugins and something more?) then .tmp file will not appear.

Anything I can do here? Thanks.

(Only got two plugins installed - Enfocus PitStop and Quite Imposition, already tried uninstalling them both and there's no difference. Running on Windows 10 Machine, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30508)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RytisT,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing so that we can narrow down the root cause.

Are these files saved locally or on a shared/network drive? Try adding the files and file location in Acrobat's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)> 'Add File' and 'Add Folder path' > also, disable the 'Protected View' and 'Enhanced Security' in the same Window > Click OK, restart the application and check.

Note: Disabling the Protected View and Enhanced Security is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

If any security software is running, then disable it for testing purpose, and open PDF files and check.

Would it be possible to share some sample PDF files with us through which you are experiencing this issue? If yes, please share the files in the private message only.

Also, collect the process monitor logs of the affected machine and share the logs in the private message for further investigation. Run the Process monitor tool, reproduce the issue, save the log files and share it with us https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AnandSri,

weirdly enough, "Protected View" was already disabled for me and disabling "Enchanced Security" did nothing.

These .tmp files are not saved anywhere, as far as I know, they just open with literally any PDF document I open, if I just open Acrobat on it's own (just the application, not any pdf file) the .tmp file will still open on it's own, every time with a completely new random name. I had ESET running, however disabling it did nothing aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RytisT,

Thank you for sharing the details, what happens when the Protected View and Enhanced Security is turned on? Please turn them on and keep them on and check the workflow.

When you open any files, are they saved locally on the computer or on a network/shared drive?

Also, please share the log files along with a few sample files so that we can try to reproduce the issue at our end. 

Please share the log and sample files in private message only,

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AnandSri,

turning "Protected View" and "Enchanced Security" did nothing.

As for sample files, there is no samples file because as I've mentioned above, I don't even need a file to reproduce this error, I can just open Adobe Acrobat itself and that random .tmp file is gonna be opened aswell in Acrobat, there is no sample files because it's issue with software, not with files, it doesn't matter what file I open or just the software itself without any files.

These random .tmp files are not saved anywhere, not locally not network/shared, they just open up and that's it, they're not saved.

As for log files, I tried to but AcroMonitor just gets stuck on "Downloading and launching Proess monitor..." and nothing happens, left it overnight and came back still to that message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out us for your concerns.

Can you please help me with the below queries so that i can help you further in this ?

1) Are you facing this issue from quite some time or is it something that has been appearing for you for one week (after we released our latest version of Classic2015) ?

2) When this tmp file gets opened, can you open its Document Properties (Ctrl+D) and let me know what location is it showing for this tmp pdf ? Can you try to delete that tmp file and see if issue persists ?

3) Can you please try on a different machine and let me know if issue persists for you on multiple machines or is it something specific to a single machine ? since i've tried this and i am not able to reproduce it at my end.

If this doesnt help, i would like you to Try Reinstall. You can first use the cleaner tool to uninstall https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and then install your current Acrobat Classic2015 version and check if it solves ?

Let me know further on this.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. No, this issue has been around for a little more than a year.

2. File is created in "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp" and gets deleted immediately after I close it, then re-creates itself again after another launch and so on...

3. This is specific to a single machine.

I tried reinstalling Acrobat earlier, and I just tried reinstalling with acrobat cleaner, however, issue still persists 😞

One thing I forgot to mention that might be related is that this machine is used by more than one user simultaneously, meaning that other users connect to this machine through windows remote desktop and use it more than one user at a time (There's 10 local windows user accounts on this machine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RytisT,

It's been some time, but did you ever find a solution for this? I have exactly the same error. Tried almost everything, but this persistant error won't go away and I can't find any solutions anywhere on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTP this issue also arose for me recently for multiple accounts at work, strange. Maybe recent update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just able to make it work from my side by, deleting ALL aspects of adobe (program files, profiles appdata etc), running the acrobat cleaner aswell as creative cloud cleaner, restart, installed from WEB, downloaded acrobat. Not sure if this will work for you but it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion,

What happens if you manually clear the cache folders where Pitstop and Quite Imposition writes their temporary files to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines