Highlighted

ADOBE PDF cuts filename

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I am storing my work via companys OneDrive. Becasue of that, the filepath is quite long.
By printing DWG-Files to PDF, using "Adobe PDF" coming with Acrobat, the proposed filename is cutted, or even not exiting. This consumes a lot of time and produces mistakes in sum of all my collegues, doing the same.
It should be the same as the DWG, just with ending PDF. Which works good, as long as I store the drawing on Desktop, or something other with a shorter path.
So is there a way to make Adobe PDF use the origins filename, no matter what filepath comes in front of it?
Other drivers can do so, like "DWG to PDF". But I would more like to use the Adobe product, because of other options, e.g like customized pagesizes.
This behavior it at all installations of my collegues, so just try to use another user or istall new will not help. Because of that the Adobe Chat Support could not help me so far.

Many thank. 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADOBE PDF cuts filename

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I am storing my work via companys OneDrive. Becasue of that, the filepath is quite long.
By printing DWG-Files to PDF, using "Adobe PDF" coming with Acrobat, the proposed filename is cutted, or even not exiting. This consumes a lot of time and produces mistakes in sum of all my collegues, doing the same.
It should be the same as the DWG, just with ending PDF. Which works good, as long as I store the drawing on Desktop, or something other with a shorter path.
So is there a way to make Adobe PDF use the origins filename, no matter what filepath comes in front of it?
Other drivers can do so, like "DWG to PDF". But I would more like to use the Adobe product, because of other options, e.g like customized pagesizes.
This behavior it at all installations of my collegues, so just try to use another user or istall new will not help. Because of that the Adobe Chat Support could not help me so far.

Many thank. 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0

Have something to add?