• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE Print to PDF from some sites on Chrome cuts off the right side of the page

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read literally every post related to this issue, tried everything and none have worked. PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Just out of curiosity, is your web page opened very wide? That is, if you decrease the width of your browser page, does that solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried changing every setting possible including width,  text, zoom, page setup, binding, etc. I would have attached a copy of the PDF but it has confidential information on it. I did find a work around: I added the Adobe extension on Chrome and use it to "Save web page as PDF" option. It saves the whole page without any edges being cut off however it seems like it saves it in landscape mode. It'll do the trick for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexander,

OK, that tells me a lot right there. Here's one more thing to try: in Chrome, you can zoom in or out of the page. SOME websites have defined widths, other do not. Thus, when you zoom in on those sites, not only the text becomes wider but the page becomes wider. If you move the right side of the web browser page inward, you'll start to see a scroll bar across the bottom of the page. If you zoom out, you'll have a narrower page that should fit in a PDF.

HOWEVER if you goal is to create PDFs from web pages, you might want to look at a website called printfriendly.com. I find that they give the best conversion around. PLUS, if you need it, you can easily remove unnessary items from the PDF before it's generated. I sometimes find problem websits, but these are few and far between. Also note that you can use PF as a built-in web page so that if you're looking at a website and want a PDF of it, just click on your Bookmarked Print Friendly page and it will convert the page you are looking at into a PDF or print it. Check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines