Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Print to PDF printer disappeared after Update

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC and I recieved an update on the 17th or March. Unfortunately the Adobe to PDF printer is gone now and I cannot reinstall it. I recieve an error when I try to manually add it "A certificate was revoked by the issuer". I repaired Adobe and I completely removed and installed it again via the Adobe Cloud without success.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristophM

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are not able to manually install the Adobe PDF printer and getting the error 'A certificate was revoked by the issuer'

We have checked the account details with the email that you are using on this community and we don't see any subscription for Adobe Acrobat DC.  Make sure you are using the correct email (Adobe ID) to login to your account.

Also, make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat DC and not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Freeware application)

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?

If you have Adobe Acrobat DC, please try to manually install the Adobe PDF printer using the steps provided in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/add-pdf-printer-manually.html) and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account on Mac (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012) and try installing the application there using the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html) and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

We tried to manually add the printer as written in my first post but this produces the error message that I mentioned (I tried again using the provided link).

I also already completely removed and installed Adobe DC again (we are using the Pro version and not the standard version).

We are not using a MAC. Adobe is installed on a Win 10 x64 client.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christoph,

Please follow the below steps to re-install the Adobe PDF printer, if removed or uninstalled :

1. Open Settings from Start Menu (by typing in Settings)
  2. Click on Devices
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners
  4. Click on "Add a printer or scanner" button >> Wait for a few seconds
  5. Click on "The printer that i want isn't listed"
  6. Click on "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings" >> last radio button
  7. Click Next >> Select "Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF)" from the dropdown from use a current existing port
  8. Click Next >> Select Adobe as the Manufactuter
  9. Select "Adobe PDF Converter Version 19.3.0.0 [11/25/2019]"
  10. Click Next  >> Click on replace the current driver
  11. Click on Next >> Rename the printer to "Adobe PDF"
  12. Click Next >> Printer is installed

Please try these steps and install the same manually and do let us know; if the issue is fixed.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your response,

we tried to manually add the printer as listed but we cannot find the port "Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF)". We tried to install it on the local port which prduces the mentioned error. How can we get the port "Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF)" listed in the ports list?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph,

In that case, any port will work if documents\*.pdf is not available.

One can use Desktop or any specific folder as port.

Port would be the default location, where the printer pdf file(s) are getting saved.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

as I mentioned for a few times by now, I'm unable to manually install the printer this way. I tried different ports now and I always receive this error message: "A certificate was revoked by the issuer".

Is there no fix to this issue?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph,

In that case, can you help us with few basic queries regaridng the issue :

1. Adobe Acorobat version you're currently using (DC, 2015, 2017, other)
  2. OS you're using (Win 10, Win 8, etc)
  3. Is your liscence active? You're not getting any message regarding upgrade your subscription?
  4. How did you update to the latest version on 17th march? (Steps if possible)
  5. Is the Adobe PDF Printer version 19.3.0.0 available at you end
  6. Please check does a Signed Icon 1.png 

is visible beside the Adobe PDF Converter Versionschristoph.PNG

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, I will try to answer your questions:

-Adobe Version: Adobe Acrobat DC 20.006.20042
-License active?: The license is active and tells me that Adobe DC is available in the package
-Update done?: Since the problem occured on the client of our customer I'm unable to answer this question. According to the customer the update has been done automatically in the background. But we already removed the program and installed the latest offered version
-Adobe printer 19.3.0.0 available: This version is available. I can choose from 19.1.0.0 and two times 19.3.0.0 (both did not work)
-Signed icons: The icon is displayed for all of the offered printers

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph,

There might be an issue with Adobe PDF Converter driver. Please follow the below steps to completely remove the Adobe PDF Printer and driver. Then, follow the above provided steps to re-add the Adobe PDF Printer with driver 19.3.0.0 :

1. Close any running Adobe Acrobat session
  2. From Start Menu, open "Printers & Scanners"
  3. If Adobe PDF (printer) is available > Click on the same > Click on Remove > Click Yes > Close the window
  4. From Start Menu, open "Print Management"
  5. Inside "Print Servers" > Inside User > Click on Drivers
  6. Right Click on "Adobe PDF Converter" and Delete the same (repeat the same for all versions)
  7. Goto "Printers" > Remove "Adobe PDF" printer if present > Close the window
  8. Re-Start the system
  9. Add Adobe PDF Printer by following the steps mentioned in above comment.

Please let us know, if the issue is still reproducible after the above steps.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support.

I found one Adobe PDF driver listed in the printer management which I deleted (I checked all sections as suggested). I checked all other steps but couldn't delete anything else since there was nothing left to remove. After that I rebooted the system.

The error message is still present and I'm still unable to install the printer. Are there any other steps that I can try?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christoph,

Does your machine have Admin rights?

Is there any Group Policy blocking/restricting any process?

Is this an hardware machine? Or a cloud VM?

After installation, the error message is visible. Right? Can you share a screenshot for the same.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

-The client has local admin rights, yes

-I do not know about a GPO that is blocking this process. Until the Adobe DC Update there was no problem with the printer and there have not been any changes to GPOs since then

-It is a hardware machine

Error message (forum won't let me post an image, therefore I had to post a link):

https://ibb.co/jTQB3nD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the screenshot has been removed:

Unbenannt.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christoph,

Are you able to Print using any other printer connected to the system other than Adobe PDF Printer.

Is there any hardware printer or any virtual printer that is working on the same.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

is there a reason why I cannot see your reply here? I received a message that you replied to the thread but I can only see the message in my profile...

Your message:

"Are you able to Print using any other printer connected to the system other than Adobe PDF Printer. Is there any hardware printer or any virtual printer that is working on the same."

-> There are no problems with any other printer. There are no locally installed printers, they are installed on a print server and are working fine. I could not find any other virtual printers installed (except for Microsoft to PDF which is working too).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Your 12 step guide worked perfectly.  I too lost my Adobe PDF printer after doing Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These steps also worked for me. Running them on every computer because the software update accidently deleted the printer definition isn't a good option. When will this be fixed in a release that is automatically installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, does anyone know another step that I can try besides manually installing the printer according to the ADOBE guide which does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph,

Did you ever manage to get this solved? We're seeing similar issues with our copies of Acrobat 2020. It would appear that the PDF print drivers packaged with the current versions carry expired certificates. Not sure how it's not a bigger issue though?

Thanks!

Brodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A repair install from the help menu has fixed my missing printer after an update everytime... the real question is; why is the printer dissapearing after an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines