Highlighted

Adobe Print to PDF

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have been tryiung to print to PDF for over 2 hours now. I am trying to print views in Revit to PDF but it seems to have stopped and the progress bar has not moved for a while. I have tried a couple times and it stops in the same spot. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Print to PDF

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have been tryiung to print to PDF for over 2 hours now. I am trying to print views in Revit to PDF but it seems to have stopped and the progress bar has not moved for a while. I have tried a couple times and it stops in the same spot. Any solutions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

First off "Print to PDF" has nothing to do with Adobe. The PDF format is now an international standard and is not owned by Adobe, it is under ISO standards. If the text states "Print to Adobe PDF," than you are using Adobe software.

So, do you own any paid for Acrobat product (as opposed to Adobe Reader which is a free application by Adobe so that you can read any PDF)?

I had to look it up and Rivit is owned by AutoCAD. You might want to check their site to find out how best to convert an AutoCAD document into a PDF if you do not own Acrobat DC or Acrobat Pro DC.

Sorry, wish I knew more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes. I actually own almost all adobe products. I get most of them through school. So, when I print I do click the "Adobe print to PDF" which is why I came here. I should have been more clear. 

I was also thinking it may be the Revit project I was working on but I also tested it with another, smaller file picture and had the same issue. 

I'm at a lossd with it but I don't need it to work right this moment with my classes so I'll move forward and see if I can figure it out as I go. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm glad to hear that (you'd be amazed at the number of people who think that they have all the capability of Acrobat when they only have Reader and then get nasty about it).

Look, I've never used AutoCAD but what happens when you take an AutoCAD file and open it with Acrobat? Does it give you the opportuity to convert to PDF?

Otherwise, I'm at a loss from shear ignorance on my part. Hopefully someone else can step in here and guide you better. I did want to make sure that you had the proper tools and you do.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Anna5C51 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just tried and it did not give me that option. I think I may reach out to my professor to see if he has any suggestions. He is used to all the programs we use in class. 

Thank you for your help and suggestions though!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0