• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Pro DC corrupts Excel 2013 source file when exporting multiple worksheets to common pdf

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release | Version 2018.011.20035

​Hardware:         Dell Latitude E7450
Processor:        lntel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (1 5.9 GB usable)
System type:    64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Application:      MS Office Pro Plus 2013, Excel 13

(1)  When we “upgraded” to Acrobat Pro DC, it was a HUGE LEAP BACKWARDS.  The GUI SUX!  The editing tools are buried in sidebar drop-down menus.  Sans a customizable toolbar on top, all of the common editing tools that used to be just a click away, (e.g. highlight, underline, recognize text, callout box, circle, box, etc.) are now several clicks, all over the bloody screen, to do the same job.  The new icons are half-tone, pastel colors which are hard to read, so they’re huge and eat whole ZIP Codes of laptop display real estate.     

(2)  Dilemma du jour: exporting multiple worksheets from Excel workbook into one organized pdf: USTABE SIMPLE, USTA WORK…   In November 2017, it was possible to select, organize and export multiple worksheets from an Excel project calendar workbook and export them into one pdf document. Same OS & Office version, but since Pro DC was installed, I have yet to find a dialogue box that allows me to select specific worksheets for inclusion / exclusion in the print / export file.  Through trial & error I found that “Shift + Click” selection works to select all the worksheet tabs.  Once printed / exported, the pdf can be edited to delete unwanted worksheets; but that’s a cumbersome and unnecessary extra step.   

(3)  Even worse, when exporting from Excel to pdf, there’s a message about saving the Excel source file before generating the pdf file. While reviewing the printed pdf file, errors were observed and when the Excel source file was checked, changes that were made to only one worksheet in Excel, were somehow replicated in the same cell on every other worksheet in the workbook.  After several attempts to go back to the original source file, re-do all the edits, and generate the pdf, I ended up with different errors every time and spent most of yesterday afternoon fighting with a few changes on three worksheets that still aren’t ready for prime time.   

(4)  This ain’t my first rodeo; my first computer was a brand new IBM PC with ALL 640K and BOTH 5.25 floppy drives.  I’m totally exasperated and almost ready to print to hard copy and scan to pdf, but this document will emailed to roughly a hundred senior people and quality is a requirement…  I would appreciate any suggestions, but if I were still the Sys Admin, we’d revert to the previous Acrobat version…  

(5)  OBTW; it IS impossible to find a customer support link or contact info…  Google eventually found a phone number that answered.  I was referred to another number, where the tech told me he couldn't help. He was however kind enough to walk me through how to get to this page. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?