• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Pro DC - crashes when scanning

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Pro DC.  Whenever I scan a document, it scans onto my screen and disappears within seconds.  I have clicked repair installation, and last week an Adobe technician uninstalled and reinstalled the program (which only solved the problem for 1 week).  Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thank you

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Hi Amal,

I was able to connect with Adobe Support chat tonight. The issue ultimately was found to be corrupted drivers for my Epson scanner. So I would advise that people with this issue to reinstall, update or repair their scanner drivers first to see if that resolves their issue.

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gwens, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have experienced.

What is the exact version of Adobe Acrobat DC you are working on? Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here:  DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Let us know if this still doesn't fix the issue. Also, if you have managed to find the solution to your problem please help us with your finding.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. But this has NOT fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annual subscription to Adobe Pro DC so I have the latest version. I checked the update version and it has already been installed on my computer but it has done nothing to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure you have the 2019.010.20091 version installed, would you mind sharing the screenshot of the Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat screen?

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and the tech person helped me. It seems to be working at the moment.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes – that is the version that I have. I just tried scanning again and although it worked a few hours ago, it is not working anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to hear that it still didn't work.

Will report this to our engineering team. Allow us some time to investigate it further.

As an additional information, could you please share the OS and scanner/printer version too?

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am using Windows 10 and my scanner/printer is HP ColorLaserjet Pro MFP M476 PCL6.

My computer is a new Dell Precision 5530.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate it!

Mean while for testing purpose, would you please refer to the Acrobat's preferences setting. Open Acrobat-

• Choose Edit > Preferences.
  • In the Categories list on the left, select Security (Enhanced).
  • In the Sandbox Protections section, select or deselect Enable Enhanced Security>OK
  • Reboot Acrobat and check back.

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.

Is there any fix as of today?  August 12, 2020 ?

This crashing when I scan just started for me.  It has never done this over the past year or so I've had the product.

It's a vital part of my usage of Acrobat Pro DC.

I am on Version: 20.12.20041.394260.

Help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally got a definite explination from Adobe as to this issue on my network.  Apparently there is a known issue between the Adobe Cloud Service and Domain Joined PC's.  If you Make the following registry entry's your issues should go away right away as it did for me.

Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown

Create a new "key" and name it "cServices"

Then Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\2015\FeatureLockDown\cServices

Create a new "DWORD (32-bit) value" and name it "bUpdater" and set a value of "0"

For Adobe Acrobat 2017 just change the "2015" to "2017" in the registry location

I hope this helps everyone as I have spent a lot of time arguing with Adobe that there was an issue with their system and not my network before the finally admitted to the issue and provided me with this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. It just started  8-12-2020.

I tried the registry hack , but it did not work for me.

Are there any other fixes to this as of August 2020?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the most current verison :  Version: 20.12.20041.394260

Any help would be appreciated...this is insane that this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. AS decribed the application with the ne wversion 20.12.20041 is crashing when scanning

Have you tried the steps suggested ealrier in this thread. If yes and it still doesn't work, pleae try the steps shared in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html and see if that might work for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I was able to connect with Adobe Support chat tonight. The issue ultimately was found to be corrupted drivers for my Epson scanner. So I would advise that people with this issue to reinstall, update or repair their scanner drivers first to see if that resolves their issue.

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed and thank you for sharing your findings on community as it will help the other users with similar issues.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines