Highlighted

Adobe required to sign emailed PDF doc?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fill and sign a doc using Adobe. However, when I require a second signature on the document, and email said document, the recipient cannot even fill or sign on the page. Is Adobe required to sign PDFs that were signed using Adobe? 

Topics

General troubleshooting, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe required to sign emailed PDF doc?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fill and sign a doc using Adobe. However, when I require a second signature on the document, and email said document, the recipient cannot even fill or sign on the page. Is Adobe required to sign PDFs that were signed using Adobe? 

Topics

General troubleshooting, PDF forms, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know if it is a "technical" requirment to use the same software but I would always recommend being in the same family of software, so if you are signing using Adobe (Acrobat or Reader) then all participants should use that family. I know there are some third party tools that support signing, but they may implement it a different way.

Regards

Malcolm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Isaac U LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I am getting is Adobe locks the page so others must use the service to edit/sign the documents as well? I dont think that is very convienent. I cant expect everyone to use Adobe. I guess I will have to try somethig else. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF