• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign form - currency formatting is gone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF form that has several fields formatted as US currency. It works great no issues. The form has been converted to an Adobe Sign form within Adobe DC because I have multiple users who will be utilizing the form.  When the form is prefilled, the currency fields work correctly; however, once signatures are requested and is returned signed the formatting is gone – “$” and “commas” are removed.  How do I fix this so the formatting stays?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any JavaScripting in the original PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several fields are setup to be currency but only one field has a calculation formula. I setup the calculation in the textbox properties while it was an Acrobat Form. .

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm with one of your signers in which program did they opened this document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign uses following field properties:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form is first prefilled in a Adobe DC through Adobe Teams license. Once the form is  prefilled the form is sent to the signer for signature. When the signer receives the email from Adobe (your signature is requested email), they click on the link enclosed in the email and it directs them to the form (Adobe sign).They do not open a program to sign as it is signed through Adobe Sign cloud or web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're correct , but they still have to open the form with a program. If the signer doesn't have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC nor Adobe Reader, they won't be able to open the document without a PDF viewer.

I was inquiring to see if they're using another third-party PDF viewer or editor, or a web browser in this case. I wanted to rule out is due to using a web browser that doesn't respect  the security mechanisms set in place by Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all use Adobe DC or Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alecia,

I am curious about which plan is your organization currently using. If this is an individual plan , maybe there are features that are not available. That is just a guess.

However, as Bernd Alheit indicated, I think that you need to configure those calculated fields in Adobe Sign to be sure that the formatting will stay.

In any case,  If you're unsure which plan is your organization subscribed to, I would suggest to contact Adobe Sign customer support directly to also have them take a look at the issue.

Use these links: 

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/contact.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/how-to-contact-support-adobe-sign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again I am surprised that using a digital signature can change the appearance of the document at the time of signing.
It's utter nonsense, as if the developers of AdobeSign don't know how to properly flatten the contents of a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but popping in to say the bug is still present. I had a client reject the contract I sent because the amount due didn't have a dollar sign. It is set in the form properties to be formatted automatically with a dollar sign, but when sending it for signatures, the dollar sign disappears. The only workaround was to have the form formatted as "none" rather than as "number" and add the dollar sign myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case, then I don't understand the feature. Removing formatting from documents to be signed seems like poor UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign forms have not the same features as Acrobat forms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi asking above question again, did anyone find solution to this? (I have created a PDF form that has several fields formatted as US currency. It works great no issues. The form has been converted to an Adobe Sign form within Adobe DC because I have multiple users who will be utilizing the form.  When the form is prefilled, the currency fields work correctly; however, once signatures are requested and is returned signed the formatting is gone – “$” and “commas” are removed.  How do I fix this so the formatting stays?)

or Adobe has taken note to fix this issue? without this we are not able to make forms that can be routed with adobe sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post the question in the forum for Adobe Acrobat Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines