Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe will not recognise any microsoft files when trying to PDF

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I was working on a document last night that crashed while I was PDF-ing. Since then my Acrobat toolbar in Word has been greyed out, along with the  "Save as Adobe PDF" options.

I've run all the recommended Add-in fixes to no avail.

I've since tried to "Create" a PDF by opening Adobe, clicking Create PDF, and then searching for the word document that I want as a PDF, but it seems my adobe does not 'Support' .doc/.docx...
PowerPoint and Excel are fine, the menu's exist there, and I can use the Adobe menu as normal. But it's not having a bar of MS Word?

I've even been through uninstalling and reinstalling both Microsoft and Adobe Acrobat....

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers,

SJ

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sallyb

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Acrobat toolbar in Word has been greyed out, along with the "Save as Adobe PDF" options and you are unable to create PDFs

Please try to create the PDF from Adobe PDF printer (Win Only) and see if that works:

Open the Word document > Go to Print > Select Adobe PDF in the printer list > Click Ok

If you can create a PDF file with the Adobe PDF printer, but not with Acrobat PDFMaker, the problem could be with Acrobat PDFMaker. Proceed to Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker.

If you can't create a PDF file with the Adobe PDF printer, proceed to Try to create a PDF with the Acrobat Distiller application.

You may also refer to the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I can create a file with the Adobe PDF Printer. And have troubleshooted all the processes in "Troubleshoot Acrobat PDFMaker" and nothing has worked. I have certain settings set up and saved in PDF Maker for different types of print files and I need them to work.

Do you have any other ideas?

Cheers,

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sally,

Thanks for trying the suggestion.

If you can't create a PDF file, proceed to Troubleshoot document-specific issues. Also, please try to create PDF from new Word document and see if it works.

If you can't create a PDF file from the new document, then the feature most recently enabled continues to cause problems. Reinstall Acrobat PDFMaker.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines