• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeCollabSync.exe preventing deletion of empty folders

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sooo frusterated with this problem. I have folders that can't be deleted without first going into task manager (each and eevery time) searching for, and disabling Adobe Collaborative Synce. AdobeCollabSync.exe is keeping folders open for some reason, even if they are completely empty.I'm attaching a screenshot for reference. Any help would be soooo appreciated. I have been having this problem for almost a year now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, AdobeCollabSync.exe is one of Adobe's worst bits of junkware. At work, we use software that regenerates PDFs frequently. However, on the second attempt at generation, the program says it cannot access the folder. This is despite the fact the PDF file was closed in Acrobat DC, and even Acrobat DC itself has been closed! A quick check in Windows Resource Monitor shows that AdobeCollabSync still has a handle on the file or folder [in the CPU tab, search for your file/folder name in the Associated Handles "Search Handles" box]. Killing the AdobeCollabSync process in Windows Task Manager instantly allows our program to rewrite its PDF files again. The semi-permanent solution is simple:
1) Kill the AdobeCollabSync processs in the Details pane of Windows Task Manager.
2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\ and rename AdobeCollabSync.exe to AdobeCollabSync-JUNK.exe. 
3) Click the Windows Start button, type Startup, and select Startup Apps. Turn off AdobeCollabSync.
Note that if Acrobat DC receives an update, it will reinstate a new copy of AdobeCollabSync.exe, so you'll need to go back to that folder and rename it to ...JUNK.exe again.
We have had no ill effects from killling this ridiculous program, so we can now happily generate our PDFs without Adobe Acrobat's historically poor file handling interfering with our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also observed this proc. in locations one would not expect it to be and locking files irrelevant to Adobe file types. I would be great if they would provide some sort of configuration options like setting a root path that is would only look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is another thread titled "How do I permanently delete AdobeCollabSync?" (Sep 21, 2020).
Before proceeding as per above, I wonder what AdobeCollabSync.exe is being used for. Same as AcroCEF.exe. 

Like above I too was facing a problem deleting an empty folder. That folder contained a PDF but I moved it to another folder. Deleting the empty left over folder was not possible. I wonder how 'less experienced' users are supposed to handle such things. Actually, except two persons (who are indeed IT-guys), I am sure none of my friends ever heard of  'Task manager' 'Processes' 'Killing a task' .

Note: only quite some time later the AcroCEF disappeared, after closing a number of  applications (that had nothing to do with that folder, by the way...)  I then killed the AdobeCollabSync and only then I could delete the folder.

Acrobat-does not allow me to delete an empty folder-AdobeCollabSync-AcroCEF-21072021 053517.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines