• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced search > result > just few words (want a longer sentence)

Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm searching one word in five different PDF's. Now, I could establish that the word appares in total 46 times, BUT the sentence where it appares is too much short... I was trying to find in the settings if there's a possibility to increase the lenght of the sentence (for instance, 2/3 lines instead of just a sentence with no more than 5/7 words), but I did not find anything that would allow me to do this. Does it exists and I'm not able to find it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question, you are searching for a single word but you want Acrobat to filter the results by the length of the sentence that word is found in. 

There is no setting in preferences for this. The Acrobat experts, however, might have a workaround for you so I'll move this to the Acrobat forum.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you first for your interest. Hmm... I'll explain it again with an example.

1) I search the word "father" in five different PDF's.

2) The result is another PDF where this word is found tree times in total.

3) The word is quoted in these three sentences in the followin way

- the paternal bonds of a father to his children, the

- refers to a father and comparatively to "maternal" for a 

- rights of a father with regard to his children differ widely from

Consequence: the word "father" is found, but the sentences are too short. I wish that an advanced search renders a longer sentence (in other words, more "context" = 2, 3 lines, whithin which the word I'm searching for is found.

And so the question is: is there any feature, by which I can set that the rendered sentences be longer than just a couple of words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines