• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All apps are slowing down my macs to a crawl

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the suite on my two macs a month ago. Editing in Acrobat or Photoshop (both of which I use constantly), not only spinning balls between every single action, it slows down other apps that are not Adobe products. This is happening on both a 2019 16GB Ram MBPro and a 2012 16GB Ram MacBook Pro - both of which have solid-state drives.

It's rendering the use of these applications useless. I wish I still had my old copies of these programs. This is a lot of money/month for watching a spinning ball....which has never occurred on any app I've used, including apps like AutoCAD or Final Cut Pro X.

Help please.

- jason

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jason,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, Acrobat DC is slowing down the Mac.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version, go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and seeif that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for Mac OS and try updating it and see if that works for you.

You may also refer to the steps provided in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-dc-slow-on-mac/td-p/11432368?page=1 and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines