• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a sudden wrong (or no) color management in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting yesterday, Acrobat DC (latest version for Windows) has problems with correctly displaying PDF files: colors are over-saturated on my Eizo CS240, just as being wrongly or not at all mapped to the wide gamut Eizo color profile.

This happens only with Acrobat DC; for all other CC and third party applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, browsers ets.) color management still works fine. And it also only happens with one Windows user profile; with other user profiles logged in, all is fine.

What I tried so far:

- de- and reinstalling Acrobat DC

No success.

- deleting preferences

No success.

- copying preferences from a working windows user profile

Temporary success. After deleting all preferences and application data in all Windows user profile app data subdirectories (local, local low and roaming) and replacing them with the settings from a working  windows user profile, Acrobat DC yesterday returned to color-correct displaying documents. After starting my computer today, the problem reoccured.

What could have triggered the problem:

Unlikely, but the only non-common thing I did before the problem was displaying PDF documents coming from a Mac version of InDesign.

Any ideas are welcome! Losing color management in Acrobat DC is just one more problem in my ever growing list of unresolved Adobe CC bugs and silly "improvements".

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diving further into the troubleshooting, I found out that replacing UserCache.bin with a version from a working user profile temporarily solves the problem, but the bug reapears, sometimes after scrolling through some pages, sometimes after opening other documents. Since there is no option to install older Acrobat DC versions, I can't check whether this bug was introduced with the Febraury ’21 patch or not.

(This adds to:

- an InDesign CC 15.something which can't be upgraded because upgrades to V.16 crash the application when run in a non-administrator account. Support gave up after almost 3 hours of remote session with "it's a known bug with no solution so far". This bug is existing for a year now!

- a graphics card whicht isn't suported by latest PS CC versions, so PS >V.21 is running slow as a slug.

- Illustrator V.25 reporting an outdated display driver and recommending a driver that does not work with my graphics card.

This whole CC thing really starts to become an expensive bunch of bugs, problems and frustration …)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what happens when scrolling through a document – all of a sudden the color management fails. The upper ~60 % of the screenshot display the correct interpretation, the lower 40 % show the failure.

acrobat_dc-screenshot210414.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines