Highlighted

Already installed Acrobat Pro 2020 (perpetual license); how to uninstall older versions?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed Acrobat Pro 2020 Mac (perpetual licence not monthly subscription).  I want to uninstall older versions of Acrbat Pro (2017 and Xi) that are still on my Mac.  In the folder for the 2017 version there is an uninstaller tool.  When I click on it I get a message stating that it will uninstall all Adobe software.  

Does that mean that it will also uninstall the 2020 version?  If so, can I just reinstall the 2020 version?  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Already installed Acrobat Pro 2020 (perpetual license); how to uninstall older versions?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed Acrobat Pro 2020 Mac (perpetual licence not monthly subscription).  I want to uninstall older versions of Acrbat Pro (2017 and Xi) that are still on my Mac.  In the folder for the 2017 version there is an uninstaller tool.  When I click on it I get a message stating that it will uninstall all Adobe software.  

Does that mean that it will also uninstall the 2020 version?  If so, can I just reinstall the 2020 version?  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe you are using Acrobat cleaner tool for removal. When you will run the uninstaller tool, on screen there would be option to uninstall the Acrobat version. In your case, you'll get to choose Acrobat 2017 or older.

Run this cleaner tool http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  and try again.

If you don't get to select the version, then you may remove these older versions from Mac's Application folder.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha,

The Acrobat Cleaner Tool links brings up a 404 error. Is there a new link for the tool?

Thanks,

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

It was a temporary issue, which has now been resolved. Link was broken, but it has been fixed and started working fine. 

~Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0