• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An empty white box is blocking my PDF

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting several days ago, an empty white box now blocks my PDF 1-2 seconds after I open Adobe Acrobat DC. Even when I open the desktop program by itself, without selecting a particular PDF, a large, empty, window blocks my Acrobat screen. The only option allowed by this box is to close it as a window. However, when I click to close the window, Adobe Acrobat closes entirely. 

I have tried:

1) logging out of my creative account and logging back in

2) going to "%appdata%\..\Local\Adobe\OOBE\" and deleting the "_LicenseAgreement.xml" file

3) uninstalling and reinstalling acrobat completely, several times

The blank, white box still persists. I am not sure how to proceed further.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Just in case anyone needs this for future reference.

I had the issue recently and contacted Adobe support and got it fixed. The fix was simple, run Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC, sign-in via the login screen that pops up, and then open Adobe Acrobat DC.

Hopefully this helps anyone else out there having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide the following details :

1. Are you able to access the Document cloud/My Computer tab under Home view or do you observe blank screens in those views as well?
  2. Version of your Acrobat./OS.
  3. Also could you please share a screenshot of your issue.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am unable to access the Document cloud/My Computer tab under Home view. The blank overlay window prevents access to any features of Acrobat.

2. My version of Acrobat DC appears to be (20.0). My operating system is:

pamguy_0-1590156803525.png

3. Here is a screenshot of the box:white box screenshotwhite box screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To investigate the issue further we would need logs using CC Log collector Tool :-

1. Windows     Windows (32 bit) | Windows (64 bit)

2. Double Click to open exe.
  3. Run the Log Collector tool application
  4. Follow the instructions shown on the screen.

If possible can you also please share fiddler logs with us :-

1. Quit Acrobat
  2. Install fiddler from https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
  3. Enable HTTPS decryption https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/DecryptHTTPS
  4. It should throw a dialog to trust fiddler root certificate - https://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/TrustFiddlerRootCert
  5. Quit & Re-launch fiddler
  6. Launch acrobat and wait for bank screen to come up.
  7. You will see many network calls made by Acrobat in fiddler now. Wait for a minute so that all the required network calls are made.
  8. Go to File->Save->All sessions to save the file and share with us.

Share the *.zxp file created by the tool and *.saz created by fiddler in a Private message. Click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

Thanks,

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to resolve this, can you please provide us logs by performing the below steps:

1. Download the tool - Windows (32 bit) | Windows (64 bit)
  2. Double Click to open exe
  3. Run the Log Collector tool application
  4. Follow the instructions shown on the screen
  5. Share the *.zxp file created by the tool

Thanks

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this get resolved as we are seeing the same issue on various PCs in our college on both Windows 7 and Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue as descibed above - i.e. recently installed Adobe Acrobat DC (on Windows Server 2016) is NOT usable due to the "... large, empty, window blocks my Acrobat screen. The only option allowed by this box is to close it as a window. However, when I click to close the window, Adobe Acrobat closes entirely." Acrobat Reader DC works ok. Tried to remove/re-install Adobe Acrobat DC several times, the same issue occurs again. What should I do? Send the logs using CC Log collector Tool to sopmeone at Adobe? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed CC on a Windows PC, after having used it for years on a Mac and have exactly this same issue. It looks as though a dialogue box is appearing, but never completes and as previously stated, the only action possible is to close the box, but this closes the application altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to log out of Creative Cloud on the other PC/Mac your license is installed on. You are allowed to install onto more than one device, but not use both devices simultaneously. Once you've logged out, the white box will disappear. Once you've done this, you can proceed as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out of the other sessions hasn't helped me.  Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that sucks. My other device is desktop at home and I am in the office which isn't even in the same State.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue. Adobe help assistant also couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen so many of these posts in my searching and not a one of them gets resolved.  Apparently it just magically goes away at some point.  This is absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine still hasn't gone away. I created a ticket with Adobe and after 4 hours including 3 representatives sequentially "going off shift" I have given up using it on the affected computer.  Incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and no solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY SOLUTION

Have the same issue, seem like a connection problem, so I need to logout to solve that. So I turned off wi-fi, entered offline, logout and then enter online. No more white box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cshoop,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try updating the application to the latest version and check if the issue still occurs.

You may check the latest version details on the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

If the issue persists, please share the screenshot of the window.

Share the application and OS version on the machine.

Let us know if the issue is already resolved.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anyone needs this for future reference.

I had the issue recently and contacted Adobe support and got it fixed. The fix was simple, run Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC, sign-in via the login screen that pops up, and then open Adobe Acrobat DC.

Hopefully this helps anyone else out there having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue on a recently new install of Acrobat Pro DC. Was able to click on the white box and hit the escape button and that made it disappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Closed Adobe, Opened Distiller, Logged in. It told me I had reached the limit of the amount of times I could be logged in on different devices. I signed out of an old device and it let me go ahead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any help to fix this problem in reader? Adobe does not support it because it's free, the best they could tell me is that I can only get Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC (referenced above) is if I have the paid version of Adobe Acrobat which I do not need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines