An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly, from Kendo UI Grid

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a web application using the Progress (Telerik) Kendo UI grid. It has a command that allows you to export the contents of the grid to a PDF. This was working fine until a few months ago. The code has not changed. When the PDF is generated, trying to open the PDF displays a dialog with the message, "An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly..."

This issue occurs with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge (that I know about). If the browser opens the PDF, it renders fine. The issue is when saving to the disk. The really odd thing is, it works in IE 11. I assumed that maybe we needed to update the Kendo UI with the latest version to work with the latest browsers. That did not work. Even Progress could not replicate it.

Another weird thing is, I can take the PDF and open it with OS X's Preview app. Again, it renders fine. Then when I export back to a PDF, Adobe can open it. So I am starting to think this is an Acrobat issue.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Known issues? TIA. -Paul

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?