Highlighted

Any way to prevent clearing signatures in Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a form that users want to be able to lock once it has been approved. It seeemed like it worked nicely when I selected th Lock form box when I signed it; but, I found out yesterday that the signature field can be cleared by right-clicking it.  Any way to prevent this?  Thanks for the help!!

Ken K. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Any way to prevent clearing signatures in Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a form that users want to be able to lock once it has been approved. It seeemed like it worked nicely when I selected th Lock form box when I signed it; but, I found out yesterday that the signature field can be cleared by right-clicking it.  Any way to prevent this?  Thanks for the help!!

Ken K. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joken,

We are sorry to hear that. As described the users are clearing the signature fields by right clicking on it.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to create the PDF form and signing it with the lock. Once the PDF is signed it gets loked for further editing.

Would you mind sharing if the users are opening the PDF with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application or with a third party application to remove the signature fields? Please ask the user to open the form with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application.

You may also try to apply the security restrictions to the PDF form so that it can not be altered. For more information  please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-passwords.html

If it still doesn't work, you may consider securing PDF with the certificate /Digital Signature as described in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/securing-pdfs-certificates.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clear your own signature. When a other person have signed the document you can't clear the field.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0