Highlighted

App alerts on submit

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that requires a number of conditions to be met prior to being able to submit the document. Everything works well save one particular aspect that I hope someone can help me solve.

I have a set of radio buttons that require value prior to submission. If one clicks submit without filling out one of this buttons, they will get an app alert notifying them they need to make a selection.

However, if one makes a radio button selection and the next mouse click in on the submit button, the app alert will pop up as though the radio button isn't filled, requiring another click on the submit button prior to it working correctly.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

App alerts on submit

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that requires a number of conditions to be met prior to being able to submit the document. Everything works well save one particular aspect that I hope someone can help me solve.

I have a set of radio buttons that require value prior to submission. If one clicks submit without filling out one of this buttons, they will get an app alert notifying them they need to make a selection.

However, if one makes a radio button selection and the next mouse click in on the submit button, the app alert will pop up as though the radio button isn't filled, requiring another click on the submit button prior to it working correctly.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you mention "app alerts", I have to ask whether you're using JavaScript to check the fields for completeness, or are you relying on something else? If you're using JavaScript, it possible there's a mistake in the code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Javascript.

I notice when I make an intermediate click somewhere else on the "white space" of the document, that the submission works as intended. It is only when I click on the submit button as the next click after the field that the submit button checks that I get this behaviour. It is almost like the information in the radio or text field hasn't "taken" and I need to click off the field I am editing prior to the submit code recognizing the conditions have been met.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your code, as well as the event under which you placed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action is "Mouse Down".

var submit= "LA" + " " + this.getField("Date").value +" "+ this.getField("AMC").value +" "+ this.getField("TotalScore").value +" "+ this.getField("Approval").value + " " + this.getField("RadioAuth").value + " " + this.getField("FromWho").value
var who = this.getField("RadioAuth").valueAsString
var person = this.getField("FromWho").valueAsString
var check = this.getField("Ack").value
var mission = this.getField("Mission").valueAsString
var AMC = this.getField("AMC").valueAsString
var date = this.getField("Date").valueAsString

if (mission === "Select or Fill") {
	app.alert("Please indicate your Mission Type", 3);
}
else if (AMC === "") {
	app.alert("Please indicate AMC/AC", 3);
}
else if (date === "") {
	app.alert("Please Fill in the Date", 3);
}
else if (who === "Verbal" && person === "Select or Type") {
	app.alert("Who authorized you?", 3);
}
else if (who === "Written" && person === "Select or Type") {
	app.alert("Who authorized you?", 3);
}
else if (who === "Off") {
	app.alert("How did you recieve your launch authority?")
}
else if (check != "Yes") {
	app.alert("Please acknowledge your launch authority prior to submission", 3);
}
else {
	this.mailDoc({cTo:"email@gmail.com",cSubject:submit,cMsg:submit});
  this.resetForm()
 	this.dirty = false
}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks fine... Can you share the actual file with us, and let us know which field is causing this behaivor?

Also, what's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you're using Mouse Down, as opposed to Mouse Up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly ignorance. Would mouse up be better?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm - the issue seems to have resolved.

Thanks for the feedback!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0