• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App pdf icon missing next to the file name on the document top bar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded everything, except Acrobat DC because there isn't a newer version. So why then has the icon disappeared next to the file name in Acrobat DC on the document top bar? This just started after the upgrade. All the other apps are working fine and their icons are there, it's just happening in DC.  It doesn't matter if the pdf is old or new, no icon appears. I can't seem to find a reference to fix this.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 4.33.15 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, which version are you on ? i think I did all the proposed upgrades, but I didn't see any around Acrobat 

Here on  my machine it's Build: 19.21.20049.354971

And I see how painful it is not to be able to drag and drop this icon to another document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it's beyond frustrating. V19.21.20047.353337  I'm gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might require log out and in again…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change! And of course it's the only app doing this. The one I drag and rop form the most!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because you upgraded to Catalina so early. Will probably be fixed one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's just in DC, none of the other apps and no icons are missing in folders or desktop, etc, just the DC document name bar. The best use of that icon is when you forget what folder the file is in. And of course drag and drop to emails. Pretty frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go post it with all system and app information here : https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link .  I have added my voice an already growing, angry, list of people complaining about the very same issue so hopefully it will soon be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem now in Bug Sur!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines