• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Appalling performance on new MacBook Pro OS Catalina

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded from a mid spec PC (no dedicated GPU) to a new 16in Macbook Pro (+ 4k 2nd monitor), expecting a lovely experience, but now any form of scrolling, zooming, or panning in Acrobat is incredibly laggy and barely usable. I check a lot of artwork for press, so Preview (which works fine) is no good as it doesn't seem to like displaying CMYK nicely -- I really need Acrobat working well again!

I've tried various Page Display and disabling online storage settings to no avail, as suggested in forum posts going back years. File size, complexity, storage location, monitor, doesn't seem to matter, it's always painfully slow. 

I have a similar performance problem with InDesign's Overprint Preview, so perhaps they are related? Will create a separate thread for this.

Seeing as Macs only come in a few variations this is surely a wide spread problem (unless I'm being very naive about that)!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bumping this.

TLDR: Acrobat is very slow and laggy when zooming/panning on brand new MacBook Pro. Has anyone else come across this or found work arounds?

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Build: 20.13.20074.411690

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines