• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply text comment in place

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in Acrobat to apply text comment in place, while retaining formatting?

D.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific about what you're trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too early. As I see there's no safe way to apply comments in place in the document, replacing original text with the comment.

I'm a programmer, with clients mostly in media. One of my clients, a publishing house has documents with thousands of comments, where given text should be changed to the comment content. As I inspected the InDesign scripting I think this should be possible, if there would be a way to export the comments as a plain text file. Then I could write an InDesign script to take the comments from the exported text file, then apply them to InDesign INDD.

But I couldn't find a way in Acrobat to export comments for this. Exporting to Word is unrelated to this, Comment Summary is unusable (lots of manual editing would be needed: first to Comment Summary PDF, then PDF to Word, then the Word cleanup).

So, I'm open to all suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say comments, you are referring to annotations, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand you correctly you want to export the comments data to a format that can be later on read by a script for the purposes of automatic editing. I don't think that is going to work, but it is possible to export the comments data in a more structured way than what Acrobat offers, using a script. The output can be a tab-delimited or CSV file with the relevant information (comment type, contents, page number, rectangle/quads, etc.).

If you're interested in such a tool I could develop it for you, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines