• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic text appears fine in Word doc -- looks horrible when converted to PDF

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of Mac osCatalina. I am running Microsoft Word for Mac, v16.41. And the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC. My Word doc has English and Arabic text. The Arabic text shows "Traditional Arabic" as the font. After I convert my Word doc to PDF, the Arabic text is all messed up. See image below. Any idea why this is happening and what needs to be done to fix it?

Arabic-conversion-issue_PDF_new.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to point out that I am using the "Create & Share Adobe PDF" function in Word (located on the Home tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CarolynJane!

Thank you for reaching out and hope you are doing well.

As the fonts are not converting correctly from Word file to PDF, it seems to be the font specific issue. However, we cannot comment on this without checking the original files.

Could you please confirm if the Word file is created by you or received from another source? Would it be possible for you to share both the Word file and PDF with us?

You have mentioned that you are using the "Create & Share Adobe PDF" option. Please share the exact steps you do.

Also, share the Acrobat Pro DC and MS Word version details.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do suspect the font "Traditional Arabic" which is a Windows System font. Even on Windows, we don't recommend this font as it used to be restricted and cannot be embedded till recent years, beside Traditional Arabic font is quite ugly I'm afraid but the ugliness has nothing to do with your issue.

If you don't have the freedom to choose another Arabic font, then try generating a PDF from the Acrobat menu in your MS Word.

I'm using Mac OS Cataline, many of my Word documents have a mixed languages Arabic/English content. I always create my PDFs from the Acrobat menu in MS. Word.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 10.39.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines