• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Student/Teacher and Acrobat Pro DC the same?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I am a student and am considering purchasing Acrobat Pro. Unfortunately, I cannot purchase the "Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Student / Teacher" version from Adobe, but from other websites.

Is Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Student / Teacher the same as Acrobat Pro DC, so does it have the same functions? By the way, I use MacOS.
And will it receive updates for new features like Acrobat Pro DC, and if so, for how long?

I look forward to helpful answers 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Acrobat Pro DC is a subscription with ongoing updates for as long as you continue your subscription.

Any academic version of Acrobat is a perpetual license for which there are updates including bug and security fixes for a limited amount of time, but no new features other than perhaps OS compatibility fixes during that timeframe.

Thus, to answer your basic question, no, they are not the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC is a subscription with ongoing updates for as long as you continue your subscription.

Any academic version of Acrobat is a perpetual license for which there are updates including bug and security fixes for a limited amount of time, but no new features other than perhaps OS compatibility fixes during that timeframe.

Thus, to answer your basic question, no, they are not the same!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The primary purpose of the question seems to remain unanswered; are the functionalities of the student version the same as the "regular" version. There is a perpetual license for either Acrobat Pro 2020 or Acrobat Pro 2020 student/teacher version. Subscription versus a single full perpetual license did not seem to be the point of the question, in my opinion. So, I will ask again, "Are the functionalities the same for the regular and student versions of Acrobat Pro 2020 or is the difference only in the discounted student pricing?".  Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

The functionalities of the regular and student version of Acrobat Pro 2020 are absolutely same. Discounted price does not make any difference in the app's features.

Be it trial version or discounted price, application will function the same as it does for regular one.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the link to buy adobe acrobat pro 2020 teacher version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines