• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arial/Times New Roman/NimbusSan Fonts not displaying correctly with Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that is over 600 pages.  I wrote the document using Adobe Acrobat DC.  I use the latest vesrion of MS WORD to create the index pages (ONLY) then copy the created pages into the document. Other than MS WORD to create the index, I use Adobe Photoshop (latest version) for all the images.  Thereofore the 600 page document only has images (.png) from Adobe Photoshop and MS Word is used for Index ONLY.  The rest of the written document was manually typed in via Adobe Acrobat DC. 

Evey once in a while Adobe Acrobat DC gets weird and displays the text incorrectly and I must select the text and toggle the BOLD on and off to get the text to display properly.  Can some one help me figure out why this document is doing this?  Attached is the Adobe DC document which I had to fix manually. Attached are screen shots of how the text looks when this problem hits.  The Ariel font seems to be the font with the problem. I use mixed fonts in this document.  Any help would be appreciated.  This problem is really annoying because I do not know which Arial text will be affected (changed to text that is partially displayed) in a 600 page document. Most of the document is written in Arial font and this problem does NOT affect all the text written in Arial font.  It affects different text each time the problem shows up.   So the error is not repeatable. Very annoying. I NEED HELP figuring this out and how to fix the problem so it does not come back.

Thanks, JoAnn Manges

Here is the link to the document on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZaDyFLKfZdfAYrgy2zNQgxpMNA9D8-Zu/view?usp=sharing 

Below are the photos showing the problem:

Arial font not displaying properly in Adobe Acrobat must togge bold to get it to display properly again.pngArial font not displaying properly in Adobe Acrobat must togge bold to get it to display properly again_2.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

The answer to this problem is that I should be using Indesign as the layout tool.  Indesign will handle the color space and convert the document to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document you have on Google Drive is protected against download. If we can't access the document, we cannot help you!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this file.  Now it happens in a very short document:

I started to create another seperate document and place in the Title "APPENDIX K" in Arial but in the picture you do not see the "K".  the other text below APPENDIX is in Times New Roman. And you can see some of the text is showing and others are not.

This is how the error occurs: Page 1 contains an image in .png format generated by Adobe Photoshop. Page 2 is the holder page. Page 3 contains an image in .png format created by Adobe Photoshop.  I wanted to add Page 4 before Page 5 wo I went to organize pages. Copied the second page of the document to clipboard and did a PASTE of that page to become Page 4. After Adpbe Acrobat PRO DC did the add, the TEXT got all screwed up as shown in the picuture below.  Only the text typed into Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has been effected. The other text  is part of the image file so of course is not effected because its a picture.   THIS PROBLEM IS INTERMINTENT.  IT DOES NOT ALWAYS OCCUR while using the PASTE page fuction in Organize Pages.   When the problem does occur, it only occurrs AFTER a paste page from Organize Pages.

Here is the adobe acrobat file on google drive [this file still shows the charater displayed incorrectly]: (I just uploaded it and turned on shared link). If you can not access the file try later (Google drive sometimes takes a while to allow access).  The name of the file is

Connecting up P100 sensor to SKR1..3 board.PDF and it located here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZaDyFLKfZdfAYrgy2zNQgxpMNA9D8-Zu/view?usp=sharing

My 600 page docuement that I used the trick on by selecting the affected text and Toggling BOLD to get the text to display is here (I turned on sharable link): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhdtKGP2a17W9yxKPG7v_RE5APu82Q-j/view?usp=sharing

PT100 document.png

I started a fresh copy of the docment called "Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4.pdf".  Here is the document propties page:

Document Properties Page.png

AGAIN I was editing the file and adding pages when I USED the ORGANIZE PAGES -> right-click on a page you want to copy -> Select COPY so it gets copied to the Clipboard.  Select a location in Organize Pages that is between two other existing pages (a blue line appears). Left click on the blue line and a context menu pops up.  Select PASTE from this context menu. It will now paste the copied page into the location where the blue line was located.  After I close ORGANIZE PAGES I look at the text in the document and some of the text is effected.  This time the NimbusSan Font was effected.  I really do not think its a font problem unless my Arial, Time New Roman and NimbusSan Fonts are ALL corrupt, which I highly doubt.   I think there is a problem with NEW ability to copy Whole pages into the ORGANIZE PAGE funcition.   This feature was not available two months ago!  Please Adobe look at this issue.  I am making the files available to you so you can check the problem.  The files are on my google drive and I have shared them to the internet.  The file called "Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed wrong.pdf"  has the below picture showing the text is screwed up.  The file called "Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed problem corrected.pdf". Contains the file with me toggling the BOLD on and off after selecting the text to get it to display properly.  BTW, the problem will correct if you just select the text and change the font to another font then back again.  Any change to the TEXT corrects the problem BUT  ONE MUST SELECT the TEXT and MAKE SOME TYPE OF CHANGEIf you do not manually select the text to refresh it the text will NEVER display properly!

The picture showing the text in "Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed wrong.pdf":

Problem text missing for PT100 document.png

The picture showing the text has been fixed in file "Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed problem corrected.pdf":

Text displayed correctly after toogle bold or any change is made like a new font.png

This time only a samll amount of text was effected but you can see in previous screen shots a huge amount of data can be effected!!

The google drive location for Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed wrong.pdf:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frPmSdwANdrcJm-jNIreV0eAyvOhCX_9/view?usp=sharing

The google drive location for Connecting up PT100 sensor to SKR1.3 board_version 4_with text diaplayed problem corrected.pdf:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hBorMBURUUMi9lP_iTjdTcSwHLtrjfnK/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are available for download now.  Sorry that at the time you tried they were not available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to this problem is that I should be using Indesign as the layout tool.  Indesign will handle the color space and convert the document to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines