• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

attach editable files to pdf

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to attach a spreadsheet to my pdf and be able to edit that spread sheet after launching it from the pdf file. Right now, I am only able to open the spreadsheet as read only. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

It is possible to edit files that are attached to a PDF, but only in Acrobat Pro/Standard. It won't work in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that workflow is possible.

For instance, if your MS Excel spreadsheet contains Macros in VBA it won't work in Acrobat after the file is converted to PDF. 

Acrobat uses JavaScript. You may be able to use the text delimited data from the Excel file to autopopulate the texfields and other field objects in your PDF but, nevertheless, this is not a trivial task, and you still need to recreate fields manually in the PDF to reflect the same names of certain cells in your spreadsheet in order to achieve this.

You may try and reach out to Adobe MVP try67.

Some of his work include paid-for tools that allows you to do certain things like this, but you may still need to outsource for a developer to help you with this task. I've read posts before in which he has provided some guidance to other users.

However, if that spreadsheet  is a small and simple calculating spreadsheet, maybe you can share an dummy file here and we can guide you on how  to recreate it in a PDF using Acrobat JavaScript scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible to edit files that are attached to a PDF, but only in Acrobat Pro/Standard. It won't work in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines