Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio from interactive PDF is broken

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I created an interactive PDF with InDesign.
There are two main functions:
- When a new page is loaded, a new song starts playing and the previous song is canceled. So each page has its own song.
- Roll over certain areas on the page triggers some additional sounds that can be heard during the song.

Yesterday everything worked perfectly, but when I opened my PDF today, the file and the interactive functions, that have to do with the audio, seem to be broken:
- The music does not end when a new page is opened and continues to play, so that the entire songs on the pages overlap with each other.
- The sounds, that should be triggered when rolling over it, no longer trigger.
- The music player, that appeared when playing, is no longer gray. I adapted my PDF to this design, so this change also don't please me.

I also looked at older PDFs with the same principle and the functions no longer work there either. I also exported a new PDF from InDesign, unfortunately with the same broken result. So Acrobat has to be the cause of defect.

What can I do to make the audio from my Interactive PDF work as it should?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. After updating Adobe Reader I can't play the audio files even though I click the buttons.
It was working perfectly until the day before yesterday, but it hasn't been working since yesterday.
I tried with other PC. I could play the audio files without problem with the old version of Adobe Reader, but I got the same problem after I uploaded Adobe Reader.

I hope it can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.
Is it possible to switch to a previous version of Acrobat?

I know that's possible with other Adobe programs, but I can't find a button or function for Acrobat ...

(I have the Adobe Cloud)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to downgrade to a previous version of Acrobat but without success. I hope the Adobe technical team will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julian

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the audio from the Interactive PDF is not working.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC

You may try to repair the installation (For Windows only) go to Help > Repair Installation and see if that helps.

For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode and see if that helps. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn off the protected mode and uncheck the Enhanced security
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, I checked my Acrobat Version, it's 2020.009.20063.
Unfortunately none of your tips worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi julian & aki,

Hope you're doing well.

Please provide following to help us analyse your issue further:

1. PDF file
  2. Acrobat version (You may check same from Help -> About Acrobat ).

Regards,

Himanshu Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Himanshu Sagar,

my Acrobat Version is 2020.009.20063. But how can I send you the broken PDF? I can only see how I attach jpgs and pngs to this post ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Himanshu Sagar,

My Adobe version is also 2020.009.20063. Please let me us what we should do concerning the PDF file.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi julian,

You should be able to attach PDF in your original post wherein you asked for help the very first time.

Regards,

Himanshu Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I attached the PDF to my post. Did that help with the trouble-shooting? Is there any progress for a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julian,

Thanks for providing PDF. We intend to fix your Flash Player Regresssion - last media does not stop upon switching pages, via pushing a release in a couple of days.

Thanks for your patience and reporting this issue. Your quick response has helped us serve not only you but several other folks who might have faced similar issue.

Regards,

Himanshu Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aki86,

I have PMed you about another way of sending PDF.

Regards,
Himanshu Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation.

Please install the latest patch available for Acrobat 20.009.20065 Optional update, May 21, 2020 from the help menu > select check for updates, reboot the application and check.

Please do let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anand,

first of all, the update helped. My PDF worked the same way it did a few weeks ago. Very nice!

Unfortunately, I clicked on the blue window (I'm not exactly sure what it said) whether I would like to replace the Flashplayer or something similar ... Hopefully, you understand, what I'm talking about. Anyway, I confirmed with OK, and from there, my interactive PDF was not working properly again. Ostensibly I need this damn Flashplayer ...
How do I undo this setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines