Highlighted

Audios and videos in interactive pdf cannot be played (Case Number: ADB-15009972-B0B7 )

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was directed here by one of your technical support colleagues as I was told that remote assistance was available to help me to find out the reason for the problems and to solve it.
Here is my case number with my issue:
Case Number: ADB-15009972-B0B7
Issue: Performance

I have made an interactive pdf document with Acrobat DC Pro in June 2020. It is my Master's thesis — a pdf including both audio and video documentations, and is a total of 690MB. At the initial time of its creation, the interactive media on the document could be opened and played not only in my computers but also by others. But now, although everything can still be opened and played properly on my two different Mac computers, one with Adobe Acrobat DC and another with Adobe Acrobat Reader, I have recently discovered there are several people now who are unable to play the audio or video. For instance, my husband, who is a Windows (Dell) user, couldn't open the video or audio at all with his Acrobat Reader XI. After clicking on them, they simply disappeared. However, when he used his Windows laptop and opened with Acrobat DC, he could play the audio but not the visual of the video. The video appeared then like the audio, just displaying a green line which moved in sync with the audio. Another friend of mine installed Flash as well as Acrobat DC Pro, but still the video or audio were not able to be opened.

I subscribed to Acrobat DC Pro in order to create this pdf document with your service so that everyone can have access to the interactive aspects of it. Therefore, it is a great challenge for me that there are different people (more than these examples above) who cannot open the video and/or audio documentation. As I spoke earlier today with one of your colleagues, he made for me the case number and encouraged me to get support from the remote team, sharing with them this specific document I made, so that they can investigate and solve this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audios and videos in interactive pdf cannot be played (Case Number: ADB-15009972-B0B7 )

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was directed here by one of your technical support colleagues as I was told that remote assistance was available to help me to find out the reason for the problems and to solve it.
Here is my case number with my issue:
Case Number: ADB-15009972-B0B7
Issue: Performance

I have made an interactive pdf document with Acrobat DC Pro in June 2020. It is my Master's thesis — a pdf including both audio and video documentations, and is a total of 690MB. At the initial time of its creation, the interactive media on the document could be opened and played not only in my computers but also by others. But now, although everything can still be opened and played properly on my two different Mac computers, one with Adobe Acrobat DC and another with Adobe Acrobat Reader, I have recently discovered there are several people now who are unable to play the audio or video. For instance, my husband, who is a Windows (Dell) user, couldn't open the video or audio at all with his Acrobat Reader XI. After clicking on them, they simply disappeared. However, when he used his Windows laptop and opened with Acrobat DC, he could play the audio but not the visual of the video. The video appeared then like the audio, just displaying a green line which moved in sync with the audio. Another friend of mine installed Flash as well as Acrobat DC Pro, but still the video or audio were not able to be opened.

I subscribed to Acrobat DC Pro in order to create this pdf document with your service so that everyone can have access to the interactive aspects of it. Therefore, it is a great challenge for me that there are different people (more than these examples above) who cannot open the video and/or audio documentation. As I spoke earlier today with one of your colleagues, he made for me the case number and encouraged me to get support from the remote team, sharing with them this specific document I made, so that they can investigate and solve this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever directed you here misguided you. We can help, but we do NOT offer remote assistance, and this is NOT Adobe Support, but a community of fellow-users helping each other out, as much as they can. In fact, if someone from these forums (not clearly marked as an "Adobe Employee") contacts you and offers to do a "remote session" it's likely they're trying to scam you, so be very careful!

I really wish the Adobe representatives started doing their job properly, or at least admit it when they can't solve a problem instead of dumping it on us and giving false hope to the customers, but it seems like that's not going to happen any time soon...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
Yuri5C87 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your comment.
I had first an hour of phone conversation with the technical support, who created the case number for me and encouraged me to subscribe again, so that the remote technical support can help with this specific case directly. As I subscribed the service again and went to the chat to get connected with the remote support team, I was asked to go to the forum. I found it strange and asked if they cannot directly connect me with the remote support, but the answer was only that I should go to the forum. I am rather surprised by the quality of their support, but I will try again to communicate with them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0