Highlighted

Auto adjusting placement of text (below multiline form)

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to auto move-up or move-down text, depending on the amount of text filled in on multi line form fields. For example, if a user only fills in one line in the multiline form field, then the normal text that follows this should move up so that there is no blank area between the form field and the rest of the normal text. If the user adds a lot of text in the form field (covering many lines), the normal text below the form should automatically move down to allow for more space. Is this possible in pdf type documents?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto adjusting placement of text (below multiline form)

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to auto move-up or move-down text, depending on the amount of text filled in on multi line form fields. For example, if a user only fills in one line in the multiline form field, then the normal text that follows this should move up so that there is no blank area between the form field and the rest of the normal text. If the user adds a lot of text in the form field (covering many lines), the normal text below the form should automatically move down to allow for more space. Is this possible in pdf type documents?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.

No because not in a simple way.

Yes because you can add the rest of the normal text to the text filled by the user in the text field using JavaScript.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I think then doing this in a pdf doc will not work because I have a miriad of these form fields with a lot of text in between. I think i will rather use word or html for this instead. thank you for your assistance. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1