Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto size font to fit text to fit in text boxes

Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted image.

I am running Adobe Acrobat 20.0.  Operating system macOS 10.15.6 Catalina.

I tried making changes in the Preferences but this did not help.

I am filling in info to a Government department PDF  file which has cells that are writeable. However, in many cells, there is not enough room to adjust the text to fit or wrap.

I am not that familiar with the program, I cannot submit online and need to print, sign and deliver.

See the screen capture.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Go to Tools - Prepare Form. Then right-click one of the fields and select Properties. Switch to the Appearance tab and change the font size to Auto:

try67_0-1598605263921.png

You can also do it to multiple fields at once if you select all of them before right-clicking one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Prepare Form. Then right-click one of the fields and select Properties. Switch to the Appearance tab and change the font size to Auto:

try67_0-1598605263921.png

You can also do it to multiple fields at once if you select all of them before right-clicking one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the form is to be submitted electronically --

DO NOT TRY TO FIX THIS EVEN IF YOU CAN. Tempering with government forms can lead to serious legal and practical trouble!! Just leave the long typing there. When the form is received the government should be able to see it.

If the form is to be printed out on your own printer --

With paid-for Acrobat you can set auto fit, but only if the file isn't locked.

Consider writing in and printing.

ON NO ACCOUNT print out, rescan and send to the government. Bad things may happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, is that real personal info you've shared with the world? If so, let us know so it can be deleted asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the help.

I have deleted the image.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines