Automate fill & sign process by populating recipients/Comments utilizing MS Access VBA

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating agreements using forms in Access populating fields from database of customers.  I hav a button to use VBA to print report form to pdf and open in Acrobat Pro DC. That part I can do, but then now I have to manually hit the fill & sign button, request signatures, add the signers email(s) and type the description comments, and specify where to sign. 

I was hoping there was some way to automate the process via Access VBA? I can use my customer database to populate the signers email(s) and description fields.   If somehow I can link the specify the where to sign field, that would be a bonus.  

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to, JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am not wrong, and if Acrobat ever had the ability to connect toa database,  I think that feature is no longer integrated.

Besides, you are using macros in VBA whereas in Acrobat, what you're asking is possible but the code had to be written in Acrobat JavaScript.

There may be certain things that you can achieve with MS Excel by exporting delimited data to a text file that you can use for that purpose.

As far as forcing users where to sign, you're better off using JavaScript with digital signature fields. Fill & Sign is not the correct tool for the workflow you're trying to achieve.

That said, I would also suggest that you look more deeply into additional featutes with Adobe Sign for that type of workflow.

It may be possible that you need to upgrade to a business plan or above to be able to use templates and assign administrative roles to your signers, reviewers or approvers.

Since we really don't have control on what the end users prefer to view PDFs with, and the tendency to move to web browsers to interact with PDFs, that may pose an obstacle with your project too.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines