Highlighted

Automated Multible Seprate Scan's and Save's using Action Wizard on Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have setup an Action Wizard on Acrobat X Pro to Scan a document then Password protect the scanned document after which it then saves it to the folder of my choice which is all good.

The issue is, I am having to run the Action Wizard each time if i want to scan another image or document on the scanner??

I am looking the Action Wizard to Automatically do:

1) Scan a Document

2) Password protect the Document

3) Save the Document

4) Start the process again from step (1) with a 5sec to 10sec delay for changing the document on the scanner.

5) Action Wizard to keep this process going until end user cancels or exits the program.

If this Process/Setup can be done it will be a big help for future batch processing.

Regards

Michael

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automated Multible Seprate Scan's and Save's using Action Wizard on Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have setup an Action Wizard on Acrobat X Pro to Scan a document then Password protect the scanned document after which it then saves it to the folder of my choice which is all good.

The issue is, I am having to run the Action Wizard each time if i want to scan another image or document on the scanner??

I am looking the Action Wizard to Automatically do:

1) Scan a Document

2) Password protect the Document

3) Save the Document

4) Start the process again from step (1) with a 5sec to 10sec delay for changing the document on the scanner.

5) Action Wizard to keep this process going until end user cancels or exits the program.

If this Process/Setup can be done it will be a big help for future batch processing.

Regards

Michael

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no action step to start a scan automatically, all you can do is to have the action open up the scan tool, you then have to  select to "Insert>From Scanner" to add pages to your document. You will find that step in the "Go To" category in the Action Wizard. So this might cut a few mouse clicks out of your process, but will not make a big difference. Instead of an action, you can also use a custom command, which you can then add to your toolbar, so that may shave off a few more mouse clicks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks Karl for your quick response.

I thought that might be the case ("There is no action step to start a scan automatically")

Looks like I will have to run the Process which i created using the Action Wizard each time after its finished saving the document from the scanner, to achive my outcome.

So doing hundreds of scans and saves for each batch of documents can be quite a repetitive task 😞

Having an option to automatically scan after a previous (scan/save) with a time delay (so you can change the document before the scan would start) would be a great feature to have.

I did see within a Linux OS there was an option to (auto scan with delay start) but unfortunately it scans all images to a single pdf and does not provide OCR function.

Would it be possible to request such a feature to be available in future release of Adobe Acrobat??

I will continue to look online for any fix's or workarounds to achive the outcome in my privous post.

I will post back if i come across a fix.

Regards

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, you can file enhancement requests here: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 1