• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic name, and email

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am looking for a solution that will name my incoming post and e-mail the item automatically to a recipient. For example, I receive a letter for a client, say ABC Ltd. I scan the letter along with all of the other letters received in the day. Then I appy some magic and file gets named say ABC Ltd 10-9-20(1) and emailed to the address that some how I have associated with ABC Ltd.

Any ideas would be welcome

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "some magic" part is the problem there... How would this "magic" (which I guess you mean some automated way, like a script) would know what this scanned letter is for "ABC Ltd." and not "XYZ Inc."? Does that text appear anywhere on the page itself? If so, how can be it identified consistently, assuming you've used Text Recognition on the file and the results were good?

The second part is simpler. Once the name of the company is known the file can be saved under a new name (it can't be renamed, though), and then emailed to an email address that has been associated with that company in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx - its for automatic post. So we receive a letter addressed to, for eaxple ABC Ltd. The software reads it and through a look up associates that name with an e-mail. There is an "evermap" plug in that does this. But it doesnt name the document or save the document. I think the solution is to use evermap and send it to an assocaited 365 account and the client.  I am just wonderring if there is a neater solution. I can't believe companies that receive thousands of e-mails a day sit there and manually rename and direct things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you get emails for other companies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines