Automatic Naming a signed file

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use my acrobat adobe dc for professional use on a daily basis. 

I have a form to fill, and in the end i have to sign it and it automaticly generates a file to be saved.

Two parts of the file contain the name and process number , that is to be the name of the file after added.

Is there any way i can make adobe get this metadata (name and process number) automatic and name the file with this two informations after signed?

TOPICS
How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Hope you are doing well. We are sorry for not being able to get in touch with you on time.

If we understand correctly, then you are willing to get a way to save the a signed file automatically using its name and process number which is a part of the file. 

What you are willing to do is not achievable directly from/within Acrobat DC, but there must be a way with the help of some Script. Sorry to say, we don't have experties in JavaScript.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible, but you'll have to save the file twice. The first one is the built-in command to save that is triggered after you sign it, and that can't be overwritten nor can the file-name be specified. After that you can use the Signed event of the signature field to save it again under the desired name. If you install a script on the local machine that can even happen automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines