Automatic object grouping

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in which I have inserted multiple objects on a page.  Each object has been resized and arranged on the page.  Once I "save" the pdf file, the objects are automatically grouped together and I can no longer change them individually.  Why is this happening?  How can I stop it from happening?  How can I  ungroup the objects the program grouped together?

Thanks!

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of objects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no "objects" or "groups" stored in a PDF at all. Really. Instead, each time you use the Edit tool, it looks at the page and uses guesswork to give you "convenient" objects and groups for editing. This is just part of your editing session.

This is one of many reasons why making and editing complex work in Acrobat is an absolute non-starter. Use your original app to do all editing. If Acrobat is your original app, start again in a better one. DON'T look for PDF editors. that's NOT what you need !! This is where the problems all start.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines