• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic text resizing in fields?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Acrobat X but have been using Acrobat since v4 (bought July 1999). Older versions of Acrobat allowed fields in forms to have variable-sized text; if a user wrote more than would fit in the original point size, the form field would automatically shrink the text to fit.

I cannot find this feature in Acrobat X but _really_ need it for a complex medical form I am creating.

Help!

[Private info removed]

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Hi Mich

Just set the Font Size to Auto. That should do it.

Screen Shot 2012-06-05 at 10.03.30 PM.png

Hope that helps.

Michael

http://www.learnadobesoftware.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mich

Just set the Font Size to Auto. That should do it.

Screen Shot 2012-06-05 at 10.03.30 PM.png

Hope that helps.

Michael

http://www.learnadobesoftware.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT!! Thank you very much. I highlighted all the fields and simply changed the font size to Auto -- works perfectly.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know of a way to set a default size, so that the font automatically starts at say 22pts and scales down if the text is too large for the box? Like in CSS how we can set a min-width, kind of idea?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. If the text field is already setup with the font size you want, you can edit form and change to auto as shown previously in this thread and it should default with the font size that the field had before it was changed to auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem to.

Even if you delete the text box and create a new one? I can't get it to go bigger??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link sending me to adobe home page is not useful. It would be much easier to send a link to the actual  help page for autosizing.  When I created the form fields in my document, I didn't realize the height of the box would dictate the size of the font.  Or should I say, I want all fields to start out in the same font size but reduce in size if field is not wide enough.  Is there a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the opposite problem. I set the font size to 12 for a text box. But when I save the changes and open it as a normal pdf, and when I type in more text than the box has room for, the pdf automatically shrinks the size of the text, even though I set it to one size.

I've tried these steps several times - adding a text box and setting a specific size so that it's not "Auto". But am still experiencing the same issues.

Any suggestions?

(Screenshots shows how small the text gets. I want the text to remain the size that I set, and I want to be able to scroll if a lot of text is entered).

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 11.45.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

I have been trying this for hours. I can get the text boxes shrinking their font size. But once I save the file it returns back to a set size (the previous size it had). 

I think I must be saving the file wrong. I have tried multiple options of PDF saving. Which is best for this?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines