Highlighted

Automatically add a time-stamp server login/password information for all users

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are planning to implement a time-stamp server for all our users, but we have a problem. The server requires login/password. Is there a method to automatically add this information for all users (the login and password is one for all users) ?
We can implement a policy that will add a "normal" time-stamp server (with no login).,but the registry record with the password is different on every machine we were testing.

TOPICS
How to, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automatically add a time-stamp server login/password information for all users

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are planning to implement a time-stamp server for all our users, but we have a problem. The server requires login/password. Is there a method to automatically add this information for all users (the login and password is one for all users) ?
We can implement a policy that will add a "normal" time-stamp server (with no login).,but the registry record with the password is different on every machine we were testing.

TOPICS
How to, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++ EDITED REPLY    correction made to "Adobe Customization Wizard"  I meant to say the "Acrobat Customization Wizard"

I think (but I'm not sure) that you may be able to do that with Group Policy and the Acrobat Customization Wizard, in which case you may also need to test an installation image with these preferences and set the same time-stamp server log-in username and password for every machine that you will deploy this image.

In the slide below, if  you go to Edit--->>> Preferences--->>> "Document Time-stamping" section --->>> "Signatures",  the users should not be able to modify these settings if you lock them via Group Policy and the Acrobat Customization Wizard during installation time..

time-stamp server.png

I believe that the automatic updates should be disabled as well for every user.

In the following link you'll see listed all the registry keys that involve setting up authentication for a time-stamp server: Setting a default timestamp server 

Also see Customization Wizard overview to plan accordingly before a mass deployment. 

Is this something you're doing with Adobe Sign, where users will be allow to select more than one time-stamp server based on their administrative roles, OR,  is your organization going to use just one default time-stamp server (no Adobe Sign workflow)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the answer.

We are not using Adobe Sign, we will use only one time-stamp server in our organization, but it requires user/password.

I will try the Acrobat Customization Wizard (ACW), but if I understand correctly this would only work in new installations (Or can we modify current installations with ACW ?).

Of course we can prepare the instruction and send it to all users 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customization wizard can be used for before or after the product installation. In the case of MS Windows it is pushed using Group Policy method.

See this section of the link that I provided in my prior earlier: Deploy files using Group Policy Objects 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much. I will try to do it this week.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0