• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave problem, 'Adobe Acrobat has recovered one or more documents'

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a user who gets the error message "Adobe Acrobat has recovered one or more documents that were not saved properly before Acrobat was shut down. Click Yes to open the recovered documents. If you click No, your changes will be lost."

I have reviewed with them and this message will go away if I turn the autosave setting to something really long, and it seems to be related to the documents in the autosave folder. Whether or not he clicks yes or no, the autosaved document will open. I have tried uninstall/reinstalling, but that did not fix the issue.

Any idea what can be done to fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Acrobat has recovered one or more document'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different file and check

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC

Please install the latest version (20.009.20067) of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

Thanks for the response. This users machine should be all up to date. I installed Adobe from our network copy again and we have windows updates pushed from network. He is using Adobe Acrobat 17.

This happens when opening a file when another file had been open for longer than the autosave period. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue an am on the most recent version of Acrobat Reader DC - 21.001.20145. I get the message "Adobe Acrobat has recovered one or more documents that were not saved properly before Acrobat was shut down. Click Yes to open the recovered documents. If you click No, your changes will be lost" at least 1-2 times per day and even if I click No the files open.  This is not speciifc to any one file and is quite a nuisance.  Any fixes would be appreciated .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Noah,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As you have the latest version of application

Please try to repair the installation (Win only) and reboot the computer once and check. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn;t work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines