• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Average PDF Size

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who wants to keep 16,000 plus 1 page PDF documents on a USB flash drive.  What would be the ballpark figure for the amount of memory 16,000 PDF's would occupy.  The pages are like pay stubs or W-2's.  Several lines of printing like a pay stub or W-2 would have on it.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very hard to say... If the files are scanned then they could be quite large, possibly a couple of MB per file. If they only contain text then probably around 50KB-100KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They scanned one of the forms in for me and it ended up being 92.0 KB, so 92 KB x 16,000 = 1472000 converted to GB = 1.472 GB

That's less than I thought it would be, but just to be safe, we'll be getting them an 8 gig stick and they should be well covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines