• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad image quality

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generate barcode image with excel and use functionality copy/paste to insert the image in a pdf file.

During this manipulation, the quality of the image is degraded.

I need a high quality of image because the barcode is reading by a scantool.

How to preserve the quality of the image when inserting it in a pdf file ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your barcode as a image file and load this one into your PDF using the related tools insetad of using the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution, but for reason of optimization of process if we use an external tool to load the image in pdf, I lost time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mean any external tool. Acrobat has a tool to place images into a PDF. Use this to load a image of your barcode into your form. Make sure the image has at least 300 dpi related to the size it has finally in the PDF. So it will be sharp enough for scanners even the PDF is printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Excel, display the barcode image as 300 or 400%, take a screenshot, paste into Acrobat and reduce the image size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better yet, don't use a raster image for a barcode. Use vector or text depending upon the type of barcode you have.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines