• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bates Numbering/Shrink Page

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Bates-numbering documents, I often use the "shrink page" option so that the Bates number doesn't overprint anything on the page.

The shrunken page is centered on the sheet.  Is there any way to have it top-align rather than center?

Thanks -- any help much appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any way to to this in one step, but you can do this in several steps: 

Use preflight to scale down all pages by a certain amount to a new target page size (you would need to experiment to find out what the correct size would be). A while ago, I wrote a tutorial about how to do this with Acrobat DC Pro: http://khkonsulting.com/2017/03/scaling-page-content-in-adobe-acrobat-pro-dc/

In a second step, you would then enlage the page size to e.g. letter again, but this time you can specify where you wan to add the additional space. This is done in the crop dialog, but can also be done via a preflight profile.

And finally, you would add the Bates stamp on the now modified page. 

This is a lot of work, but some of it can be automated. I would recommend you run through these steps once manually to see if the output is worth the effort, and then potentially think about automating the steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  This was super-helpful

I was able to eliminate a step, though, and reduce the process to just a couple of clicks.

Your tutorial put me on the right track -- I never would have thought to use Preflight without it.

But rather than creating a fixup to "scale page," I used the option to "scale page content."  This reduces the size of the page to the percentage specified, but leaves the page on the original size sheet.  I know I'm not explaining this well -- it treats the whole page as an image (without actually converting it to an image), and reduces the size of that image on the page.  The page size is not changed.

So I saved that fixup, and now I can run it as needed.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines