Highlighted

Bates Numbers Disappear After Removing Hidden Information (Acrobat Pro DC v 20.012.20048.6926)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a unit of 23 staff who heavily use Adobe Pro to redact senesitive documents.  All our documents get a bates number applied to the bottom of the page.  AFter that, staff save the document, then click "Apply" to apply redactions, and remove hidden information.  When working properly, the redactions are applied, links and bookmarks are removed, and bates numbers stay in tact.  However, we are finding that frequently (but doesn't happen on every document), once this step is completed the previosly appled bates numbers are removed. 

I've tested this with MANY pdfs, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason when this occurs.  Just seems that on random documents the bates numbers disappear when applying redactions.  Anyone else running into this?  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bates Numbers Disappear After Removing Hidden Information (Acrobat Pro DC v 20.012.20048.6926)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a unit of 23 staff who heavily use Adobe Pro to redact senesitive documents.  All our documents get a bates number applied to the bottom of the page.  AFter that, staff save the document, then click "Apply" to apply redactions, and remove hidden information.  When working properly, the redactions are applied, links and bookmarks are removed, and bates numbers stay in tact.  However, we are finding that frequently (but doesn't happen on every document), once this step is completed the previosly appled bates numbers are removed. 

I've tested this with MANY pdfs, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason when this occurs.  Just seems that on random documents the bates numbers disappear when applying redactions.  Anyone else running into this?  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 06, 2020 0
ZBalling LATEST
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I certainly ran into some court documemts that has "redactions" that are copyable. That was funny as hell.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0