Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bilinguial PDF

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I want to create a fillable form with options for switching the language that the questions/statements are written in. The answers need not be modified since they mostly are numbers. Is there a way to switch between two modes or replace the text (with two possible alternatives) in all (pre)selected text fields?

I do not want help with translation, since I myself is already bilingual. Just how to select between two modes. My respondees however frequently only know one language (of the two I am fluent in, any way). Thus the need for an option to see the statements/questions in two languages. Having both text versions visible at all time would claim too much space, and my boss has ruled that out.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My agency has the same need for bilinguial forms. We make two versions of the same document, one for each language. The user can choose which one to open. I know that's not the anser you want (having a toggle between the two languages on one document), but it's an option instead of having both language text versions visible in the same document.

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is possible, if you use a script and set up the pages to contain two layers each, one for each version.

Then a drop-down field can be added to toggle between all the layers, based on the selection.

You mention form fields, too. It's also possible to create two sets of form fields, one for each language, and switch their visibility based on the selection in the drop-down.

All of this will require a custom-made script, though, and quite a bit of setting up the file. I've created similar solutions for my clients in the past (even with more than 2 languages!) so if you're interested in hiring someone to create it for you, feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines