• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Loading Box Appearing in Bottom of Window

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with my Adobe Acrobat DC running on mac platform. It extremely regularly pops up a black box with a white loading bar, its only there for much less than a second, but happens very frequently as I scroll through the document., and makes the scrolling lag as it happens. My first instinct is that it is related to an auto-save feature, and I have even spotted the words "saving file" occasionally in this box, but not all the time.  I have turned off every auto-save feature I can find (in the documents section of preferences), and I dont have anything saving to document cloud. Has anyone else experienced this, and found a way to make this box stop popping up? Screenshot attached. Its driving me bonkers and if I can't get it to stop soon I might have to start using Preview to read PDF's, oh the humanity.

-

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jameson,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.

The Black box with a progressive white bar you are referring here, is a design behavior. Its and indication of saving the changes in a file uploaded to the Document Cloud.

For example, if you have made any changes to a PDF and that PDF is saved on Document Cloud, then you will see the progress bar for saving file or you can say updating the changes on the existing file.

When does it appears?

Only when working with the Document Cloud file. The consecutive changes will be saved automatically.

If you have a file saved locally and made changed to it, then this box wont appear.

Solution:

1-You can stop saving the file to Document Cloud web. First save a copy locally and then continue to make changes.

2- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>General>uncheck "Show online storage when saving files/show online storage when opening files".

3- You mentioned about not having any files on DC web. You may check the storage once again. If this box appears, then there must be some files: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/documents/files/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for having a look. This design behavior does not seem to be isolated to saving to the document cloud. I made certain I had turned off auto-save preferenced, and I used the link you provided to make sure I didnt have any files cloud hosting. Yet I still have the black box interupt my scrolling through documents. I recorded a screenshot  (attached) of the one that is poping up today, it causes a lot of lag and Im suprised more people dont find this behavior distracting.

Thanks again Jameson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran in the same trouble, a year after this topic post. In the interactive PDF's I make, there are a lot of hyperlinks for page navigation. When I review my document before sharing it I cannot reach a hyperlink hotspot while seeing the black-box flashing in the bottom-right corner of the document. It takes even two clicks to trigger the correct behaviour of the button. @AkanchhaS I followed your advises for the preferences "Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>General>uncheck "Show online storage when saving files/show online storage when opening files". These are done.  My files are stored locally but I checked everything in the Acrobat documentcloud concluding that there was really nothing there. So what to do to get rid of this behaviour? As a workaround I check and preview my PDF doc's in the Apple preview app. Links work extremely fast here and without any delay. But I hope you agree that this slould not be necessary. Any advise would be very welcome.

Kind regards, Julius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. It pops up on every time I scroll to a new page. It happens so fast that I cannot see any text in the box. The solution for unchecking the saving feature did not stop the behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines