Highlighted

blank box crashing adobe pdf upon opening

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Adobe is crashing. I click on a pdf and as soon as it opens a blank box appears over it. Can't do anything but X out of the blank box, which closes the PDF. I can open a PDF through the chrome extension, but this deosnt help with editing and creating documents. Cloud or desktop, doesnt matter. I have uninstalled and "cleaned" it 100 times. Spent 1.1/2 hrs on hold 2x. Had 2 different chat staff spend a total of 5.5 hour and nothing. It's the same problem. Anyone?  HELP!!!

Thanks,

SARAHadobe error everytime.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

blank box crashing adobe pdf upon opening

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Adobe is crashing. I click on a pdf and as soon as it opens a blank box appears over it. Can't do anything but X out of the blank box, which closes the PDF. I can open a PDF through the chrome extension, but this deosnt help with editing and creating documents. Cloud or desktop, doesnt matter. I have uninstalled and "cleaned" it 100 times. Spent 1.1/2 hrs on hold 2x. Had 2 different chat staff spend a total of 5.5 hour and nothing. It's the same problem. Anyone?  HELP!!!

Thanks,

SARAHadobe error everytime.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Apologies for the trouble you had using Acrobat.

Could you please try login on www.adobe.com from your web browser, using the same Adobe ID you are using in Acrobat.

If you see updated terms of use, please accept it and then try relaunching Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah

we are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described the application is crashing on opening.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC
Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20063 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates

Also, please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that helps. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security.
Note: please turn on the security after testing

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ran into the same issue as Sarah above.  I am unable to do any of the solutions listed above because the box opens up over the program, rendering it useless.  I have to close the blank box, which then closes Acrobat Pro.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged back in, installed from Adobe Creative Cloud...any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

We are sorry to hear that. Are you getting the blank box while opening the PDF file? If yes, please try the following preference setings and see if that works for you.

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when opening files' & 'Show online storage when saving files' > Click OK and reboot the application.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the box pops up just after opening Adobe Acrobat.  Unfortunately, once the box pops up, I am unable to access any of the menus in Acrobat.  My only option is to close the box, which then closes Adobe Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response.

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account if you have Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0