Highlighted

Blank Fillable Form Upload

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many factors involved when creating a fillable form. I am not even sure what to try. 

Here is my situation.

I am an instructor and I have created a fillable form for my students. I am using my MacBook Pro to create my fillable form using the "Prepare Form" form tool in Adobe AcrobatPro DC version 2020.006.20042. I am using iOS Catalina vers 10.15.5. I don't know if that makes a difference becuase I was having this problem before I upgraded to Catalina.

Once I create my fillable form, I upload it to my Blackboard LMS course for the students to download. I have instructed my students to download the fillable form, save it their computer FIRST before entering any data, then open the saved document and use Adobe Acrobat ONLY to enter data in the form, and then save it when completed. Then, upload the completed form to be graded.

When I log in to my Blackboard LMS, the document is blank. The form and fillable fields show but the data is blank. 

I know with previous issues, the students were not saving the document and filling in the fields using the "preview" version and it would upload blank. So, I have insisted to my students to SAVE THE FILE first and use adobe acrobat ONLY. 

Even the students that do follow those instructions, I am still having this issue. 

I have spoken with Blackboard support but all they tell me is a problem with Adobe. 

I just can't belive this is an Adobe issue. To be honest, it may something I may doing or a box that is not checked. 

Can any offer any suggestions I can check?

Bewildered!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blank Fillable Form Upload

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many factors involved when creating a fillable form. I am not even sure what to try. 

Here is my situation.

I am an instructor and I have created a fillable form for my students. I am using my MacBook Pro to create my fillable form using the "Prepare Form" form tool in Adobe AcrobatPro DC version 2020.006.20042. I am using iOS Catalina vers 10.15.5. I don't know if that makes a difference becuase I was having this problem before I upgraded to Catalina.

Once I create my fillable form, I upload it to my Blackboard LMS course for the students to download. I have instructed my students to download the fillable form, save it their computer FIRST before entering any data, then open the saved document and use Adobe Acrobat ONLY to enter data in the form, and then save it when completed. Then, upload the completed form to be graded.

When I log in to my Blackboard LMS, the document is blank. The form and fillable fields show but the data is blank. 

I know with previous issues, the students were not saving the document and filling in the fields using the "preview" version and it would upload blank. So, I have insisted to my students to SAVE THE FILE first and use adobe acrobat ONLY. 

Even the students that do follow those instructions, I am still having this issue. 

I have spoken with Blackboard support but all they tell me is a problem with Adobe. 

I just can't belive this is an Adobe issue. To be honest, it may something I may doing or a box that is not checked. 

Can any offer any suggestions I can check?

Bewildered!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you downloading the files and then opening them in Acrobat/Reader, or are you opening them in the Blackboard system, online?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF