Highlighted

Blank White Dialog Covers Adobe DC Document Window

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up an existing user on a new computer.  When launching Acrobat DC by the desktop or start menu icon, or even double-clicking a PDF document, Acrobat begins to launch but then a blank white dialog box appears.  Escape key does nothing.  If I close the dialog by clicking the X, then Acrobat closes too.  With this blank dialog in the way, I cannot click on anything in the Acrobat window underneath.

..........Acrobat Blank Box.png

I've already uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled Acrobat DC.  Problem still occurs under this user's login and mine that has admin privileges.  Problem happens even when signed in to Creative Cloud and opening Acrobat from there.

I'm stumped.  Any suggestions?

--Jeff

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blank White Dialog Covers Adobe DC Document Window

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up an existing user on a new computer.  When launching Acrobat DC by the desktop or start menu icon, or even double-clicking a PDF document, Acrobat begins to launch but then a blank white dialog box appears.  Escape key does nothing.  If I close the dialog by clicking the X, then Acrobat closes too.  With this blank dialog in the way, I cannot click on anything in the Acrobat window underneath.

..........Acrobat Blank Box.png

I've already uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled Acrobat DC.  Problem still occurs under this user's login and mine that has admin privileges.  Problem happens even when signed in to Creative Cloud and opening Acrobat from there.

I'm stumped.  Any suggestions?

--Jeff

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screen capture, can see that you're using Windows.

What version of your OS?

And what version of Acrobat? Include the build number.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, it is Windows 10 Pro, build 18363 (1909).  Acrobat DC Standard, not sure about the build because I can't get to the About menu, but presumably the latest since I just reinstalled it this morning.

--Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the eact same problem as visumancer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2E042010-088C-4F55-AFC0-D4EA5DB2F51D_1_105_c.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Macbook Pro with ,acOS Catalina 10.15.5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if that's the Adobe login screen that is not loading properly?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good thought, and I also speculated that it could be the EULA screen or even the tour screen.  I don't know of any way to determine what is actually is though.

--Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0