• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank word doc

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf doc that I want to copy some content from. So I purchased Adobe. When I export the doc to word none of the content copies across. I've check the Properties and it should allow it.

I'd really appreciate some help. I've attached the doc.

thanks very much

Bev

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't a product. Adobe Acrobat is probably the product you are referring to. That being the case, I am moving this thread to the Acrobat community.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will assume that you are trying to export the PDF file to a Microsoft Word document, correct?

I duplicated what I think you tried to do and the resultant Word document only contains the graphics, no text. Checking your original PDF file shows that whatever created the PDF file didn't use any standard Type 1 or TrueType fonts, but rather what is known as a Type 3 font. Type 3 fonts are fairly archaic and one cannot necessarily export content that is formatted with Type 3 fonts. There is no mapping between Type 3 fonts and standard ASCII or Unicode characters. Although undocumented, Acrobat offers no support for editing or saving text formatted with Type 3 fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh right. Well thanks for trying Dov. I hope I can get a refund....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found one (nasty) workaround for you.

Export the PDF file to TIFF files. Then convert the TIFF files to PDF by opening them and then combining them. Then run OCR. And finally, save as Microsoft Word. The text is then preserved. You also now have a searchable, editable PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines