• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue screen error since Acrobat update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! Acrobat automatically updated on my computer today.  Now, each time I try to print from Acrobat I get a bluescreen stop code error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH with win32kfull.sys as the "what failed" indicator.  Forces me to reboot and happens every time on printing only.  Anyone seeing the same or have any ideas on how to fix?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Acrobat runs under Windows as an application and as such cannot by itself cause a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). However, this past week, one of the automatic Microsoft Windows 10 updates is known to have caused BSODs with certain printer models. A patch is now available from Microsoft. Try seeing if Windows Settings => Update & Security offers an update now. Otherwise you may need to contact Microsoft Technical Support to get a pointer to manually install that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

I can now confirm the above fix works.  Short version is that, depending on your version of Windows, all you need to do is uninstall one of the Windows updates below:

KB5000802

KB5000808 or

KB5000822

Thank you Dov for pointing me in the right direction and apologies to Adobe for thinking this was an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat runs under Windows as an application and as such cannot by itself cause a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). However, this past week, one of the automatic Microsoft Windows 10 updates is known to have caused BSODs with certain printer models. A patch is now available from Microsoft. Try seeing if Windows Settings => Update & Security offers an update now. Otherwise you may need to contact Microsoft Technical Support to get a pointer to manually install that fix.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dov.  Just checked my updates and it states that no new updates are available.  I will contact Microsoft as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, found this link recently, so it does appear to be a Windows 10 issue:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/03/blue-screen-of-the-day-update-crashes-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can now confirm the above fix works.  Short version is that, depending on your version of Windows, all you need to do is uninstall one of the Windows updates below:

KB5000802

KB5000808 or

KB5000822

Thank you Dov for pointing me in the right direction and apologies to Adobe for thinking this was an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines