• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

booklet prints every other page upside down

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print a booklet, every other page prints upside down. I've set it up as f&b, short edge bind, legal/landscape, with booklet selected.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Set your Page Orientation to Portrait NOT Landscape.  This had me going also.  This info should be in Adobe's Basic Printing Tasks page Basic PDF printing tasks, Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CarolynToyoda,

Please confirm the workflow that you follow exactly to understand this better.

Also please confirm if it happens with all file and from when have you experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original document was made in ID, then exported as a pdf. I have been printing this document for years without a problem but my Brother MFC-L8850CDW was recently replaced under warranty and that’s when the trouble started.

I set it up to print legal, landscape, F&B, collated, short-edge binding w/o border, and I choose Booklet with both sides. The preview shows the pages in the correct orientation but the even pages all print upside down.

Thank you for your help!!

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an answer for me?

Thank you,

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, AceFrog. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your Page Orientation to Portrait NOT Landscape.  This had me going also.  This info should be in Adobe's Basic Printing Tasks page Basic PDF printing tasks, Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acefrog, thank you very much for providing a solution! I appreciate your help very much! I would have never figured that out. Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolut genious! Finding this on 2020 and it saved me, thank youuu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! Problem solved!
I lost hours, ink and paper trying to figure that out. Thanks AceFrog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the edge of tears! THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, just letting you know you saved me on a 3AM project due in the morning! It was a mystery and like the others, your suggestion didn't make sense as the issue, but it worked for me on a Mac printing from Adobe Reader to a Ricoh booklet copier. I was about to waste hours. Bless you for taking the time to share your knowledge. All these years later, it is still saving people headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, AceFrog, are the best!!! After printing out of Acrobat for YEARS the same way, I don't know if it is the new MacBook or the updated Acrobat, but the old way stopped working. I tried every binding and rotation configuration but doubt I would have left the (Page Setup) orientation to Portrait. A million thank you's!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven years later and you're still getting people out of a bind. Thanks for the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep....still saving folks in Dec of 2023.  Thanks, mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but none of the solutions mentioned above are making a difference when I print from Adobe Reader on my mac.

My printer supports automatic duplex printing, and I have followed these steps exactlym and still every second page is printing upside down and out of order:

• Choose File > Print and select the printer.

• Specify which pages to print:

• To print pages from front to back, select All. (done)
    • To divide a large booklet into smaller groupings, select Pages and specify a page range for the first grouping. Print each page range separately. (I don't change this setting)
  • Click Booklet. (done)

• To print certain pages on a different paper or paper stock, specify those pages using the Sheets From/To option. Click the Properties button and select the correct paper tray and any other options as necessary. (I don't fiddle with this option)

• Choose additional page handling options. The Preview image changes as you specify options.

Booklet Subset Determines which sides of the paper print. Choose Both Sides to automatically print both sides of the paper (your printer must support automatic duplex printing). (I choose both sides, because our printer is set by default to print double sided)

My printer supports automatic duplex printing, so there has to be a way for it to print correctly without me turning the pages manually... My page orientation is set to PORTRAIT.

THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I PRINT FROM PDF, when I print booklets form Word, they come out perfectly.

I am stuck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this tip. I think I printed my document at least five times, with different settings. Choosing "Portrait" didn't make sense so I didn't change it. But when I did it finally printed correctly. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you!  I too thought changing to "Portrait" didn't make sense: changed it after my third attempt and bravo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried every 'reverse' or 'flip' setting I could find. My last try was to change 'portrait' to 'landscape'. But always with the same result:
The reverse page is upside down in relation to the front of the page.
I really want to print this PDF as a half-page sized folded booklet but I'm out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard.
I had been running the printer using Apple's 'generic PCL printer' driver with uniformly unsatisfactory result.
I downloaded a driver from Samsung support and now that I'm using Samsung's print driver for this printer I'm all of a sudden getting good results. All better now.

I know I switched to the generic driver for a reason (maybe AirPrint) but that was apparemtly to source of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines